I just realized that what I have been using as laundry detergent for the past month is really fabric softener…
I’ve been incredibly busy in the last couple of months and for those who care, this is what I’ve been up to:
- took a break from my job to get ready for grad school (I’ll start working part-time for them while I’m in school this fall). My dear friend Ashley baked me this delicious good-bye cake.
- went up to New York City to celebrate the birthday of my college roommate. It was also a mini-reunion of some of my friends from college. We all lived in the same dorm freshman year, so it was awesome relive 6 years of memories.
- had a very interesting adventure picking up a table I bought off of Craigslist which I will tell you about in another post
- went to a joint good-bye party for myself and my friend (who is also now in grad school) which started out at a very hot (and un-air conditioned) happy hour near Dupont and ended upstairs at Town Tavern in Adams Morgan during a black-out singing “Wonderwall” with 30 strangers because the 90’s cover band we came to see wasn’t yet performing.
- Went to my friend’s wedding where I CAUGHT THE BOUQUET!!! Therefore you’re all invited to my wedding to my imaginary boyfriend next month.
- Moved to North Carolina
- Painted my room sunshiney creamy yellow (which was unfortunately not that official name of the paint color). I also got a streak of paint in my hair which wouldn’t come out for a good week so I walked around looking like Stacey London from “What Not to Wear”
- went back to MD for a day in order to join my family before we left for vacation
- went on vacation in Mexico with my family for a week (where everyone thought my brother was my husband, something that caused me to cry everyday. Ok just kidding on the crying, but really it was disturbing. Obviously I will expand on this in another blog post)
- came back and left for New York City (again) the next day so I could go see Maroon 5 at Jones Beach Amphitheater with my friend Ruthie.
- went back to NC for a pre-oreintation camping trip. (sorry no photo-evidence of me sleeping in a tent outside in the rain. Too bad)
- went through of week of orientation, where I said: Hi my name is ___ and I’m from DC about 500 bazillion times (it’s true, I counted). Highlight: watching the confused look on all of the Deans faces when they processed down the aisle during Convocation to find that me and my colleagues (“classmates” is such and undergrad thing to say) accidentally took their seats in the front row. Lowlight: having my hand cramp up the first time I started to take notes because my hand didn’t have to hold a pencil for more than 10 minutes at a time in the “real world”. Not to worry, I’ve done the appropriate exercises and I’m now a note-taking, pencil-holding fiend.
I’m about to start my second week of classes and so far so good. More on that later.